YCYH is a voluntary organisation that relies heavily upon the dedication of a huge team of leaders to make this ministry possible. Although there is a leadership group, who along with the trustees oversee the organisation, primarily this is a team ministry where people with a variety of gifts, abilities and experiences are encouraged to use them, whilst allowing others opportunities to develop. We have over 90 leaders, all of whom have different roles and responsibilities within the organisation.
As our work continues to grow, we need people who have:
- A clear Christian commitment
- Passion to work with children and young people, ensuring that their welfare is paramount
- Commitment to treat all children and young people as individuals and with equal concern
- An ability to work with children and young people, or a willingness to learn
- Capacity to work as part of a team under leadership and supervision
- A sense of humour
Although many of our leaders are experienced, there are plenty of opportunities for those with little or no experience to be involved, as training is provided. Direct responsibility for organising or supervising activities is only given to those with suitable gifts and the right experience.
Leaders can be any age from 19 years upwards. All leaders are checked through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), and will be expected to agree to, and work in accordance with our Safeguarding Policy, before they can be involved.
For more information on leader opportunities and how to apply contact us here.